SnowNSew

The Phoenix Guards
Steven Brust
Oath of Swords
David Weber
Dragon Actually - G.A. Aiken I finished this book. And, that is the best thing that I can say about it. I read the other rave reviews people had written. I read the sample before I purchased.

It appeared, to me, to be mostly smut. The vocabulary used was vulgar and made me cringe. The character development was extremely poor. The driving point of the plot seemed to revolve around the bedroom. Had my sample lasted another 3 pages, I would not have purchased the book.

That being said, I did finish it. The dialog moved along at a fair clip and that is what kept me in the novel. I did find myself skipping large portions of it. While I do not mind a little sex in my fantasy, I do not enjoy a little fantasy with the sex. When the story was finished, I felt as if it just stopped. It did not come to a pleasing conclusion. I feel as if the story could have been so much more than it was had the author worked harder to develop her characters rather than their sexcapades. I felt extremely let down that there was not more there. In either story.