SnowNSew

The Phoenix Guards
Steven Brust
Oath of Swords
David Weber
Gunmetal Magic - Ilona Andrews I really liked Andrea while reading the Kate books. I liked her strength of character. I liked her attitude.

I really like to dream that happily ever after really means happily ever after. And, I really like to think that when one has found his/her soulmate, it is really his/her soulmate. Which means forever. Not that there are not hazards along the way - but that you get through them together. Of, at least fight your way back to together.

I know this is a dream. And, it rarely happens except in a dream world. But, the sure way to ruin fiction for me is to have me root for a couple and break them up just so you can sell more media while you put them back together. (Don't think this is this case here. This was more of a journey.)

The plot of this book was totally immaterial to me. All I cared about was the soulmates remembering they were soulmates. I was completely satisfied.

I enjoyed the fact that Raphael would not let Andrea kill Michelle. For her own sake. I liked that he devised a plan to keep her from Anapa. I did not like the 'non' fiance . . . but I understood it. Neither Andrea nor Raphael was blameless here - they both screwed up. I *loved* the purple carpet. And, I *loved* Curran's arrival.

Relationships are work. Always. There are good times and there are bad times. Some times it seems there are more of the latter than the former. We have the good times so that we can remember them during the bad times. But, we have to be willing to remember and not look for the next best thing. I think this book teaches us a lot about what to do and what not to do to keep our relationships strong.